Summer has officially started at the end of June and boy am I feeling it. It’s bloody hot. We’ve had a heatwave and smog warnings so it’s a bit of an extreme start if you ask me, but so far, it’s been manageable. July promises to stay hot, dry and with summer storms. Let’s hope my productivity won’t suffer too much because of it!
If you’re curious about how my writing has been going this past month, you can find my latest writing progress update here.
Looking back on June’s goals
Last month I decided on the following goals to focus on (last goal blog post):
- add new scenes to SALANDRINE; (failed)
- finish a first draft for the prequel to IN GOOD COMPANY; (succeeded)
- edit IN GOOD COMPANY (a.k.a. SALT); (failed)
- write at least 10.000 words for WIPs, blogs, and/or worldbuilding. (succeeded)
So that means I met half my goals. On top of that I broke my records for most words written in a day, a week, and in a month! Three wordcount records! I’m going to call that a successful month, regardless of how many goals I met!
My July Writing Goals
For the month of July I’d like to:
- add new scenes to SALANDRINE;
- finish a third draft for the prequel to IN GOOD COMPANY;
- finish an outline for the second prequel to IN GOOD COMPANY;
- write at least 10.000 words for WIPs, blogs, and/or worldbuilding.
Hoping it’ll be a good month! You can find my 2019 writing bucket list here.